Choices of Paying Florida Child Support if Unemployed

It can be a problem when you are laid off in work with an obligation of paying child support to your ex-partner. Florida State is very serious about this matter. If you can’t pay, you may be arrested and put to jail. There are more details at County of Florida website. But you have choices in avoiding the matter. Here are some choices you can do:image2

  • First, you must get in touch with the caseworker in Florida Department of Revenue to check the choices in the problem. There are a few cases which an unemployed non-custodial parent without even salary might be relieved for the moment from making payment on the child support. Just for a while he or she will still do the payments gradually. The amount of money to be paid will just be postponed on a later date. The payments may have an interest.
  • The next, you must speak to a legal professional if you aren’t successful in suspending the payment for a short time in Florida Department of Revenue. The attorney will help you on keeping going at the jail for the meanwhile. He will draft an agreement from you together with the legal parent which you will pledge to pay for the child support within the date along with the interest due to reason that you are not yet have employment. It is possible to phone the court house to look for a legal counsel that works with child support problems. The office will provide you with number of legal professionals which you could phone to help you.
  • Lastly, you can borrow a loan with the bank, relatives or friends to cover the settlements of assisting your child. This will allow you to lessen for some time until you secure a job to pay out all the money that you owe.

Get your own myfloridacounty account now.